Friday, January 13, 2012

Fancy Nancy Blanket

When my third daughter who is now 10 was 3 years old, she loved the Fancy Nancy books. These books were so fun to read. Fancy Nancy is a child who uses "big" words in her everyday conversations where she could use smaller words. My daughter got such a kick out of this and we read these books EVERY.DAY.BEFORE.NAPTIME. Did I tell you we read them every day?? I can recite some of them by heart which is amusing to my husband when he would read them before bedtime and I would be in the kitchen reciting right along with him :o)
One of the little cousins was turning 3 and I saw this "no-sew" blanket on sale at JoAnn's. I just had to get it. I have made these before and they a super quick and cute.
I just had to take a picture of the cutting lines!! The ones I had purchased years ago did not have these lines, you had to measure them for yourself. I guess that wasn't easy enough! It did make the blanket go even faster.
Here it is all knotted up and ready to go. I wish there had been one of these when my daughter liked Fancy Nancy. It is fleece and oh so soft and warm. The recipient was thrilled!
We also got her started on her own Fancy Nancy collection :o)

Check out Tami's blog for more finished projects.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Adorable. I don't remember those books at all from my DD's childhood. I do remember loving as much as she did The Amelia Bedalia books though. What fun.

hakucho said...

Such a wonderful gift :)

erin said...

a lovely gift =) my mom and I used to make blankets like that together about 10 or 15 years ago, I didn't know they had kits for them now!