Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Beaded Eggs

Another beaded egg is done. These are so much fun to do!! A little fiddly because of the seed beads, but pretty much an instant project. Just a couple of nights to knock off one of these puppies.




This is obviously a Christmas egg. It is done in the same manner except that the front is left unbeaded and when everything else is dry I cut the remaining unbeaded egg shell away. I have seen very intricate cut outs on similar eggs but as of yet have not worked up the courage to try. Maybe one day.....




Back to the litany of WIP's that are squirreled about downstairs:

"One" sock - as I still have two feet, another one is needed





Cross stitch on plastic canvas for an ornament. When the cross stitch is complete I think I will place a felt backing on it and whip stitch all the way around in a gold metallic thread. I have also thought about using a silver metallic thread because it would go with the gray and stand out nicely with the black.......I'm not sure.







4 comments:

Vicki W said...

The eggs are so pretty!

KimP said...

I love these eggs. Really wonderful.

hakucho said...

Your eggs are really amazing :)

Anonymous said...

Can you please send me the santa star picture so that I can also stitch it? Love it.