Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A few FO's

The dress is done except for the hem, hook & eye closure, and tacking down the lace on the collar. I decided that this was the best most efficient way to make the hearts appear "right side up". I just found out that the dress is not needed for the rehearsal this Saturday, so I am now working on the preparations for dd#3's 7th birthday party which is on Sunday. More on that later.

Behold the finished Rook Scarf for dh

I love the way this yarn changes color and as with the Rook Hat, I loved the "V" stitch that is incorporated into the pattern every so often.
Rook Scarf by yarnovermanhattan
Started: 10/17/2008
Finished: 11/6/2008
Crochet Hook Size K
Yarn: Modea Dea Tweedle Dee Shaded Effects
Color: #8919 Surf & Turf
Lot: #83
Measures: 66.5" X 7"
A very easy scarf-I really enjoyed this pattern

Bear for one of my many nieces
Started: 10/18/2008
Finished: 11/10/2008
Needles: US7
Yarn: All Vanna's Choice
Bear: Color: #130 Honey, Lot: #36063
Shorts, Stripes, Skirt & Scarf: Color: #141 Wild Berry, Lot: #63172A
Shirt, Pink Stripes: Color: #101 Pink, Lot: #62288
Modifications: For the skirt, I added 4 rows of seed stitch and ended with a 2 stitch picot bindoff.
I really like the look of this bead and my embroidery has improved drastically from the first couple of these bears that I completed.





1 comment:

hakucho said...

Wow ...another super cute bear :) Love your husband's scarf. I love knitting with yarn that is either variegated or shaded. Much more fun than knitting a solid, especially with a scarf ;)

happy knitting :)