Wednesday, June 20, 2012

WIPs

We were super busy this week!!
 But I managed to knit 11 hexis!  I think that is a record for me.  The one in the middle was an experiment - I'm not quite sure how I feel about it....
 I really like the stripes on this hexi.
 Almost done with one of the woven kitchen towels that I am making!
 I have to admit, I did not get this far on my own!  I had some helpers!
 The 10 year old reading the pattern, moving the levers and weaving,
 The 7 year old weaving
 and learning how the levers work.  Soooo much fun to work with my kids!
 My nephew graduated from Kindergarten - how cute is he?!
 "Someone" is super excited for him :o)
 The cousins together on his special day.
This is the book we are reading together as a family.  It is by the same author and in the same style as "Hugo Cabret", but we are finding that Hugo was a much better book.  It has been so much fun to spend more time reading, playing and creating together.  Well, I'm off to the pool with the kids - catch you all later :o)

See more wonderful WIPs at Tami's and Ginny's.

1 comment:

Lana said...

Woa!! You have a loom in your house!!! How awesome is that?! Your dishtowel will look gorgeous!