I have been learning so much in my weaving class! Our teacher let me measure the warp on her warping board and helped me to get it rolled onto my table loom.
Then I brought it home and got the threads through the heddles. Before I could do that, new heddles had to be made because I didn't have enough. No problem, Hannelore showed me how to make a heddle maker!!
Here it is with the threads through the reed and tied on to the front of the loom. Sounds like everything went easy peasy doesn't it? HAHAHA!! Like every project, it had some challenges :o) First, when I tied it to that front bar, I tied it on backward so that the finished cloth couldn't be wound on. Then, as I was checking to make sure that there were no crossed threads, I discovered that I didn't have enough of a shed to get the shuttle through. Hmmm....It seemed that my harnesses were not tied up high enough. So, a little loom operation and the harnesses were higher. Finally, I retied the threads to the front bar in the correct manner and I think this will work out fine now. WHEW!!
Here is what it looks like from the back. I truly, truly hope that it is wound right so that the tension remains steady.
This is the free ebook from Weaving Today that I found my new pattern in.
The pattern is for placemats, but since I don't really need any more placemats, my teacher helped me to figure out how to make them into kitchen towels. I think they are going to be so pretty!! I can't wait to start weaving. Hopefully sometime today.
Look what else followed me home - an 8 harness, 12 treadle floor loom with a 48" weaving width. It needs some TLC, but other than that, it should work just fine.
From the back
The harnesses and an extra reed. Restoring this will surely keep me busy this summer :o) No picture of my current book because it is the same as last week - I am a very slow reader!