Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tackle it Tuesday #101

Another Tuesday has rolled around and our home has plenty of opportunities to take advantage of "Tackle it Tuesday"!!!
For knitting related information just scroll down a little bit

I went outside for this one because the weather was so very nice!! It was great fun to clean up the garden and plant new plants - this could also be categorized at Minutes for Mom!!! The kids were playing and getting along - at points helping out and then doing their own things.
Without further ado - the above picture is the before shot of our raised bed. The one below is the after shot. It's kind of sideways but that was the only way to fit the whole thing in so that the plants would show.

Planted in the raised garden are: 3 kinds of tomatoes (Patio, Mr. Stripey, and Golden Jubilee), eggplant, straightneck squash, zucchini, and 2 types of cucumber (regular old green ones and then Lemon Cucumbers). The Mr. Stripey Tomato and the Lemon Cucmbers just looked kind of cool so I decided to try them out. I have never tried to grow cucumbers, but since everyone in our family loves to eat them I thought it would be fun.
On to the next part of the planting:



Above is the before shot of part of our garden to the right of the raised bed. Below is the after shot.



There are two rows there. The top one, closest to the fence has ornamental gourds - I have always wanted to grow these, dry them and have the kids make bird nests out of them. The bottom row, closest to the yard has pumpkins. We grow pumpkins every year and the kids simply love them!! We bake them, make pies, breads, and cookies. We roast the seeds and we carve some of the pumpkins for Halloween. Lots of fun.




This is the scarf for my father-in-law for Hannukah 2008 (HA!! I can plan ahead - just not always that well :o) it matches the Pro Bono Hat I also made him.
Started: March 3, 2008
Finished: April 27, 2008
Yarn: Plymouth Yarn Encore Colorspun Chunky
Color#: 7126 Lot#: 35772
Neeles: US size 10
Finished scarf measures 12 1/4 inches wide by 74 1/4 inches long




DD#2 at a recent wedding we attended modeling a stole I made. She was having a fantastic time!!







1 comment:

Darla said...

Oh see now I'm jealous because you are able to work in your yard. We just had snow on Friday (it didn't stick, but just sayin....).

We don't even THINK about a veggie garden until the end of May. *sigh*

Enjoy!

P.S. Thanks for commenting on my blog, I was nervous about showing my closet - weird, but personal and kinda scary.