Friday, April 18, 2008

It's not my fault.....

Really, it's not my fault!! Well.....ummmm....you see, it's like this. There's this really nice lady at my LYS.....and you see.....it's all her fault. She keeps showing me all these great yarns and great projects and well.....



I kind of fell off the stash/project wagon. Kind of in a big way --- To be fair to myself, this is not all that she showed me and it is not all that I actually saw at the store. I really and truly should be proud of the great restraint I showed!



The above is cotton, but I couldn't make it upload in the correct place so I will explain about this a little later in this post.

Aren't these just so pretty?? They have cool names too - from left to right - Coral, Bubblegum, and Vanilla. I just want to eat them up right now.

Sorry this picture is a little blurry - I just couldn't get a better one. Yes, I cast on for another project. This yarn is so-o-o very soft and it feels very warm - it is a pleasure to knit with.

The yarn above will become this for my dh's cousin who is due in July. My girls are asking for some in larger sizes-hmmmm.....



This I simply could not pass up. Look at those colors!!! It came as a kit for a stole - I have NOT (yes you read correctly, NOT) cast on for this yet. I'm not sure I can hold out much longer. It looks like an incredibly easy quick knit. Yes, I know that if I were to give myself over to just one project at a time, they would all be relatively quick. HOWEVER, I have gone over to the dark side and cannot resist the pull of all this beautiful fiber and new exciting projects.
From Left to Right:
1 skein Abuko in colorway Sunrise on Daffodils (100% Nylon)
1 skein Kilimanjaro in colorway Sunrise on Daffodils (95% Mohair/5% Nylon)
1 skein Kalahari in colorway Sunrise on Daffodils (100% Nylon Ribbon)
2 skeins Shira in colorway Sunrise on Daffodils (54% Mohair/23%sild/18%wool/5%nylon)




This is the project for the first yarn pictured in this post. I really like cotton yarns - I'm not sure why, but there you have it. This yarn is a very pretty color, but it is very splitty. For the swatch, I used a knitted caston, but that was way too fiddly and I had to be very careful. For the project, I used a long tail cast on and that was much, much better. I truly like the way this is knitting up and it seems to be not quite so splitty while I am knitting. The color is a little darker than the picture, but the picture is pretty close.












This is the pattern I am using. It seems pretty straight forward and I can't wait to finish because I belive it is something I might actually wear.




The birthday brownies that I baked for our 2nd grade teacher. I thought smugly that I would make them the morning of her birthday so that they would be nice and fresh and soft and warm. I thought they would be the best ever. Well.....After I cut them, I put the iciing on. Gee, guess what happened - they were still so warm the icing melted!! The brownies were well liked so I guess it was not a complete disaster :o)








AND - Lest you think that nothing but knitting and fun happened around here and I truly am a sloth - the Tuesday challenge job was completed this afternoon!!



All the bins on the counter were reduced to a few inboxes on my desk.







What's left is just a few appointments to be made - on the "to do" schedule for next week, some craft projects and new books to read to the kids and knitting patterns and magazines that need to be filed. Everything else was put away, recycled, or delegated to the filing bin. Now that's a truly scary bin!!!
Have a great weekend!!











No comments: