Sunday, August 22, 2010

Booooo! Summer vacation is over!

This summer, as with all of our summers, has been so much fun. Just hanging out with eachother, going on day trips, reading, playing games, going to the park, flashlight tag, and so much more. I am so sad that in two days time it all comes to an end. The kids are very excited to get back and to see their friends - I, on the other hand, and very sad and melancholy. I am truly going to miss being with my kids everyday. I know I am kind of a freak - most of my friends are happy to get back to a schedule and have some "down" time. I guess I will enjoy some of the down time as well, but it is with very mixed feelings.
We all played games - even preschool games...
play dough figured in big time.....
"big" leggo - we all got involved in our creations...
bean collages....
so fun....
cornstarch packing peanuts make great building materials.....
for all.....
reading time for all....by themselves or to others. We all would sit down on most days and read quietly for a bit.....
arranging and rearranging the fishes....
Kate enjoying some late afternoon rest time.....
puzzles, puzzles and more puzzles....
games, games, and more games....
The summer was such great fun. It's not to say that the kids didn't fight (they did), or to say that everyday was full of exciting things (it wasn't), but overall it was fantastic and I am sorry that it is over.....oh, well....something to look forward to next summer!!!













No comments: