Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Secret of the Stole

Ok, I must come clean. A couple of years ago I joined the monthly dishcloth club and become addicted to kntting "mysteries". Then I joined the bookmark club and the fun continued. Now, since the MS3 I think it has become an obsession :o). I heard about the Secret of the Stole being organized by The Nautical Knitter and just had to join. All of this just to justify that I bought more yarn and started a new project even though my WIP's number in the double digits!!!
So ..... we go from this:
Knit Picks Shadow
Colorway: Jewels


To this - using my very own swift and ball winder. Such a joy!

To this!! I knit this swatch using US size 3 needles and #11 silver seed beads that did not show up very well in this photo but stand out quite nicely in person. I am ready for lift off!!! :o)




7 comments:

Courtney the Knitting Goddess said...

woohoo! congrats on getting your swatch done. thanks for the beading wire tip... my local craft store was sold out of the #14 hooks (maybe there are a lot of SoS knitters in my town?), so I'll give that a whirl!

Scarlett said...

I love that color blue!!

Nautical Knitter said...

Your stole is going to be beautiful in this color. Your swatch looks fantastic too!

katknits>^..^ said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog...I think your stole will be gorgeous in this color blue! Especially with silver beads...wow!! I can't wait to get started..

WickedStitchWitch said...

Lovin the color! I chose the KP Lost Lake, size 4 needles. Your swatch looks so much more lacy than mine. Very nice, cannot wait to see the finsihed Stole. also, perhaps I did not read down far enough, where did you get your swift and winder? :0)

Vykky said...

Such a beautiful color is that Shadow blue! Your stole is going to be just gorgeous. I'm envious of your skill with the skinny delicate stuff - I'll enjoy watching your stole come to full size! (Thanks also for your encouragement on my blog!)

Lindy Beir said...

Thank-you for your comment about my SoS stole. I love the color of your yarn! Can't wait to see your stole.