Sunday, September 16, 2007

MS3 blocking

This is how I blocked my stole. I have never blocked anything except a bookmark before so please ignore my ignorance :o)
First I took some normal kitchen twine and thread it through ALL the holes along the sides of the stole.



Then I pinned it to a 4 foot by 8 foot piece of insulation board with aluminum foil type stuff on the outside and a foam core board on the inside.
I did it dry because I was afraid I would truly stretch it out of shape if I got it wet first. Then I sprayed it with a bottle of plain water until it was really, really wet.
The pinning part did not take as long as I thought it would. I thought it would take hours and I would have to protect it from the kids, but all told it only took about and hour.
This is the wing part.

And this is the other part.


Here is the whole thing pinned down. I realize that on most people's the wing is straight, but mine is a little curved. I hope this is ok.
I can't wait for it to dry so I can see what it really looks like.







3 comments:

LUL said...

It looks great. So does your son. A gorgeous boy.

Dana said...

Connie--this looks so good! I just started clue 7 and you are inspiring me...

Ma Dalton said...

This stole is so great ! I like that !