This is how I blocked my stole. I have never blocked anything except a bookmark before so please ignore my ignorance :o)
First I took some normal kitchen twine and thread it through ALL the holes along the sides of the stole.
Then I pinned it to a 4 foot by 8 foot piece of insulation board with aluminum foil type stuff on the outside and a foam core board on the inside.
I did it dry because I was afraid I would truly stretch it out of shape if I got it wet first. Then I sprayed it with a bottle of plain water until it was really, really wet.
The pinning part did not take as long as I thought it would. I thought it would take hours and I would have to protect it from the kids, but all told it only took about and hour.
This is the wing part.