Sunday, August 5, 2007

Non-knitting blog entry

I have not been doing a whole lot of knitting in the last couple of weeks unfortunately. Family and vacations have taken a toll on my needles!!! More of an update on the knitted projects later - the big thing - a 10K race complete!



I have completed my first 10K race in almost 9 years!!! After I got pregnant with my 3rd child, I was not exercising very much (read "not at all"), then he was born and I got pregnant 10 months later with our 4th and then our 5th came along and I was kind of busy and preocuppied.
Now I have decided that I need to take a little better care of myself and that I really can work some sort of exercize into my schedule so I am up at 5:00 every morning and am out the door by 5:30am. I trained hard for this 10K and am very excited that I finished it without stopping or walking. I averaged a 12 minute mile finishing the whole thing in an hour, 12 minutes and 57 seconds. I realize that to some this is a really slow pace, but to me it is a HUGE accomplishment.

1 comment:

Shan said...

Congratulations - that's great. It IS a huge accomplishment - probably insurmountable to me at this point. Good job!