Friday, August 17, 2007

Stalled

Ok ... I am a little out of sorts today. I have been training for a half marathon and have hurt my back and hips. Went to the doctor yesterday and he said no running until I am pain free (I can't even remember when the last time that was - my back always hurts) and no hills probably forever. He also let me know that pretty much the way I do everything is wrong for my back. Sitting at the computer, knitting, driving the car, loading and unloading the dishwasher and clothes washer - you get the idea. I should be changing all of that. Do like my mother told me and "Stop slouching - Sit straight!!". Getting old kinda sucks.

We are also coming to the end of summer and the kids go back to school in less than 2 weeks and I am going to miss them. I have thoroughly enjoyed hanging out with them this summer - deciding what we are going to do each day as a family and then just heading out with our lunch bag and doing it. Some of my friends think I am crazy - they can't wait for school to start because all this "together" time is driving them bonkers. I guess by the end of the day I am starting to feel that way, but then I wake up the next day and the whole day is in front of us for a new adventure - it's been kind of neat. During school it is "THE SCHEDULE" that drives us unmercifully during the week. Also, I will only have one at home this year - 4 are in school now and my home will feel pretty empty and quiet.

MS3 is simply killing me. It is gorgeous and I love the pattern, the yarn, the needles, the beads, BUT I have just finished clue 5 and clue 7 was released this morning. It against my nature to be project monogomous and I have done pretty well until the last week or so and I have cast on a half dozen or so new projects with yarn coming for more.. Can you spell O-B-S-E-S-S-I-O-N?!! I realize I just need to keep plugging away (I am so close to finishing) but for some reason it has become a chore instead of a pleasure. THE PLAN: 4 lace rows an evening until completed. Let's see if I can stick to that.



This is the August bag from the Bag-a-holics group. It is called "Last Summer Splash" and it looks extremely cute. I am using Tahki Cotton Classic yarn for the bag and Crystal Palace Squiggle for the accent yarn. The pattern appears to be very well written and easy to follow. I am only 3 rows into it, but I can already tell that the yarn is nice to knit with and I do like the colors.


The MS3 beast clue 5 complete.

1 comment:

N. Maria said...

Oh, Wow!! They are both going to be stupendous!!
I'm on both your yahoo groups, too!