Sunday, April 3, 2011

TUSAL & 2011 KALendar mystery shawl

This is my TUSAL for April 1st. The larger bits are from the fish I am knitting. All the other threads are from various cross stitch projects.
It's kind of cool to drop the ends of my threads in and watch the beautiful color changes! I finished clue 3 of the 2011 KALendar mystery shawl. I am really liking this knit and also knitting from a chart once again. I had forgotten how fun it is to see your stitches take shape like this.
We had the option to add beads or nupps. I chose to do both. I was having an awful time with the nupps. I found a way that worked for me where on the row that I had to knit all those little stitches together, I used a size US0 needle - that worked, but was really slow. Then on ravelry, one of the other knitters knitting this shawl posted a link to a youtube video for the Easy Peasy Nupp! This method worked wonders for me and is how I finished up the nupps without going stark raving mad.
It is now big enough to move it to circular needles which is what I did and I have actually been working on clue 4 so am a little farther than this picture shows. It's so nice to be knitting something a little challenging and to be learning something new in my knitting!!

2 comments:

hakucho said...

Thanks for the tip about the nupps....when and if I ever do nupps I'll know where to go for help. You are off to a great start...good luck with the rest :)

Ziggyeor said...

I don't even know what a nupp is! I'll have to go check it out. I do cross-stitch and scrapbooking and when I tried doing crochet I decided that was too many hobbies!