Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mother's Day Gifts

Mother's Day is fast approaching and I want to make gifts for the moms in my life. My mom, my mother-in-law and my sister - they will come over on Sunday for an early dinner. I can't wait to see them!
These came from a 4 X 4 block of wood that was 6 feet long. The guy at Home Depot looked at me askance when I asked him to cut the long 6 foot post into 4" blocks. Maybe it was just a look of disbelief.
Once I told him what they were for, he laughed out loud and proceeded to cut the wood - he didn't even charge me for the cuts.

The edges looked like this, but I used some sandpaper and sanded them smooth. I thought it was going to take a really long time, but it only took a few minutes per block. Pretty sweet!
Then I sealed each block and painted it black. More pictures when I'm done :o)



No comments: