Wednesday, April 28, 2010

update & "pets"

Well on my way to finishing blanket #3. 4 of the strips are complete, 3 are sewn together and the 4th is pinned in place most likely to be sewn this evening after the kidlets are all snuggled down in bed.
WHAT!!! Is this the start of a new project!!!! What!!! That can't be right??! Oh, but sadly (or not-I found it pretty exciting) that is exactly what it is. A new project.
I tell ya - I'm just a little monkey!. The above is the start of the Scrappy Lengthwise Scarf. I found it on Made by Lindy. She is an 18 year old who is just amazing. Anyway she knit this scarf and won a prize at her local fair. How neat is that? The pattern is a free Ravelry download by Zona Sherman. I am planning on using this pattern to use up extra dishcloth cotton. I have lots and lots of leftover dishcloth cotton.....

This was the cause for much excitement at our home.

It is a praying mantis egg sack. They should take about 3-6 weeks to emerge. We can't wait! The kids are beyond thrilled - they are "vibrating" with excitement. I'm kind of interested too - what do baby praying manits' look like anyway?



No comments: