Thursday, September 17, 2009

Baby blankets

I am very much liking making baby blankets. The sewn variety :o) They don't take very long and fulfill the instant gratification requirement that I seem to need right now.


One of my husband's co-workers had twins at the end of July.



So....I thought it would be nice to make them each a blanket.

Both blankets have this soft pink fleece on the back


But, the fronts are different from each other. This is the same fabric I used to make the baby blanket for my friend's baby. I just love this fabric.


I liked hand embroidering the names of the girls on their own blankets along with their birthdate and also our name as the giver.


This stitch is done all around each blanket. The top one for Lilia is done in green. I can see more of these being made as they are so easy and we have quite a few friends who are expecting now.






1 comment:

Carrie P. said...

Hi there, thanks for coming my blog and leaving a comment. I hope you will come to love applique as much as I do.
You have a no reply on your comment so I thought I would check to see if you have a blog and you do.
Great quilts for twins. You can see the softness in the pictures. The twins are going to love snuggling with them.