Friday, January 7, 2011

Finishes and Starts

The First Dishcloth from the Monthly Dishcloth Yahoo Group
"Happy 2011" Dishcloth
Started: 1/1/2011
Finished: 1/4/2011
Needles: US5
Yarn: Lily Sugar'n Cream
Color: 00026
Lot: 1008 245636
Oh so fun to knit!
Yet another fish. This one is using leftovers from the Last Summer Splash Handbag.
Started the SAL for the Oak Haven Designs Yahoo Group.
I have gotten farther than this picture shows, but the design does not show up well on this light fabric so I don't like it. I went out yesterday and bought some beautiful sea green Aida 14 count fabric and will start all over again tomorrow.
This is the fabric from my stash that I have chosen for the Birdie Stitches Block of the Month over at Little Miss Shabby
Here is some of it cut. Boy does cutting this fabric into 2.5 X 2.5 inch squares take a LONG time! Each one of the blocks for this BOM will take 20 of these so I thought I would just cut them all out at once and then get started. What I spend in time now, will feel like a huge savings as things get busier and all I need to do is choose squares and sew them together.
T-shirts (12 of them) that I have chosen to make a T-Shirt quilt for my DH for his birthday coming up in March.
The T-shirts are all running shirts from foot races that he has participated in. They have just been sitting on his shelves (he has soooo many of them) and he can't bear to part with them. I hope he likes the quilt!








2 comments:

Kathleen said...

These are all very nice. I really like the fish. Was it knitted or crocheted?

hakucho said...

You certainly have a lot going on. Good luck with everything :) Every time see one of those fish I start getting itchy to knit more fish. That was a really fun blanket to make. Great for using up scraps :) Enjoy :)