Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Sewing Hexis Together

I can't believe I waited so long to sew these things together!!  It really is not that hard - these are only sewn on two sides, but as I add more above and  below, I'll catch in the sides that are left open.  This row of 18 only took about 30 minutes!  Ok.... talk to me in a bit when I have sewn 200 and still have more to go :o)
 This is the book I am reading right now.  Almost finished (boy am I a slow reader - not really, but I don't get much of a chance to spend time reading so it appears that I am slow!).  I love Robin Cook and our library just got this in a few weeks ago and I have taken a small break from the homesteading books.


I'm sharing with Tami, Ginny, Sara, and Nicole and Tuesdays Gone.

7 comments:

Paula said...

Your hexipuffs are looking great, can't wait to see them all together :-)

Jessica Snell said...

I have a Beekeeper's Quilt I'm (slowly, slowly) working on, and maybe I'm crazy, but I'm planning on not sewing them together till the very, very end. :)

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Yippee! Hexipuff assembly! I've seen dozens and dozens of crafters making Hexipuffs but you almost never see anything assembled from them. I was beginning to wonder ...

Heidi Kuijer said...

Oh wow! Those rows are fab. I just love this so much and... no Heidi you do not need to learn to knit...lol. What fun to see to little pillow shapes coming together.

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Michelle said...

Gosh, I love the BeeKeeper's quilt, but I'm just not sure I have what it takes to get through all that construction... keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

Those are neat! I can't wait to see the finished project! Thanks for linking up at Hookin On Hump Day! http://www.mymerrymessylife.com/2012/08/hookin-on-hump-day-10-link-party-for.html

Opal @ Playing with Fiber said...

I love your hexipuffs, I plan to start on my beekeepers quilt this fall. I plan to join as I go. I'm too excited to wait until the end.