Friday, March 2, 2012

Dishcloths

I simply love to knit dishcloths. There is just something I find so soothing - I don't know if it's just because they're so small or if it's because I truly like using them as mug rugs, dishcloths and washcloths, whatever it is I love knitting them. I have been a member of the Monthly Dishcloth Group for many years now and knit several of their dishcloths every year. Here are a few of them that I gave to my mother-in-law.
This pattern with the circles is so fun - I have made a few of these before.
A windmill - love the picture cloths!
Another one with little windows of a different color. These colors are so similar it's hard to see the pattern.
I like these patterned ones also.
This one is my least favorite. For some reason, it turned out wonky. However, I used some really soft cotton so it feels great :o)

More finishes at Tami's.

4 comments:

Criossa said...

I am a crochet fiend. But I want to learn to knit and was thinking discloths would be the best to start on. They look great :)

grandmastatus said...

I like dishcloths too. They're very practical and also great practice for new stitch patterns.
I like the lighthouse one ^_^

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Your circle cloths are really nice with the soft contrast between the colours and the muted variegation. Love them!

hakucho said...

Knitted dishcloths are the best! I love to use them as washcloths, too!

Consider doing away with the new word verifications. They are really getting annoying. I don't use any and have been getting zero spam. The spam filters have been improved greatly :)