Monday, October 26, 2009

Halloween Costumes

This year the kid's Halloween costumes are super easy. The girls just put together a hodge podge of things from the dress up bin. I offered and tried to bribe so that I could make them something, but they had a great time together picking and choosing and trying things on. It was so much fun to watch them together. 9yo boy just wants to be a cat burgler (like in the original Pink Panther movie) - black sweats (got 'em), black t-shirt (got it), black sweatshirt (got it), black tennies (yup, got those too). He has everything he needs except a little black mask for his eyes and a mustache - stuff already around for that. 4yo boy will be a teenaged mutant ninja turtle - already had that one too. So all in all a score for us just out of what we had.

So......what is this??? This is my costume. For the first time in many years I am dressing up. My costume is kind of a spoof on my life as it is today. It is something that I do just about everyday and provide for many classes, sports teams, for birthdays, etc........
The pattern was made from recycled paper and I used a garment I already had for the pieces...........more later on the fabric that I have chosen.......

No comments: