Wednesday, July 1, 2009

sewing & knitting

These are little bags that I made for my youngest's class just at the end of the school year. A parent had donated some lavender sprigs and they needed little sachets to put the flowers into. They measure 2 1/2 inches by 3 inches and are made with leftover fabric from my daughter's dress. The yarn is just random yarn that I had laying around.


Oh Yeah....I had to make 54 of them....One for each child

Finished up the 2nd ball of yarn which brought me to 9 1/2 inches from the bottom.

My daughter would like it to be long. We measured her and she wants the shirt to be 14 inches from the arpit to the bottom. As of right now it is just over 12 inches - so a little less than 2 inches to go until I split it for the armholes. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!! Now, it should surprise no one, especially me that the other two daughters want one of these. I might have to take a little break and knit with "real" yarn for a bit!!


No comments: