Friday, December 7, 2007

Sweater Done -almost

DS#2 sweater is done except for buttons.

Yarn: Vanna's Choice by Lion Brand
Colors: Oive Green, Dusty Blue and Pea Green
Size US 9 needles
Overall a very easy knit. I think that the arms are going to be too short. I will wait until DS puts it on - if they are too short I will pick up around the cuff and knit in the Olive Green an additional little cuff.

However -- this is the front left side. I REALLY don't like the way it looks with the yarns carried around the edge. I'm not quite sure what to do about it. Maybe a single crochet edge??? Or 2-3 rows of ribbing???

If I were to knit this again, I would probably opt for some kind of variegated or solid color. Although it looks really cute in the stripes, it was a little bit of a hassle carrying the yarns up the side. If I chose to do it in stripes I would cut the yarns at the neck edge and reattach them at the sides. I think that would have given a much better appearance at both the neck edge and along the left side where the buttons will be going. I am toying with the idea of knitting 2 of these for my sister who is expecting twins in May. That would be kind of cool.



1 comment:

Lindy said...

It's so pretty! The colors look great together. I'm sure it feels nice to be finished!