Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Sewing!

This past week there has not been too much knitting going on. I have been reintroduced to my sewing machine and I love it! On Monday I finished a princess hat for DD#3 for her castle day on Friday. I used satin and an overlay of tulle that had tiny silver gems already imbedded in the fabric. I picked the stiffest stabilizer I could find, hand sewed the gold and white trim on the bottom, ribbons to the top and sewed the whole thing up. After that, I found some teardrop beads and attached them to the bottom (about 50 of them) and put a couple of bells on some of the ribbons. Ta Daa!





The blanket is made out of fleece - a solid and a print for DS#2 and it took me about an hour. I am loving sewing again. What is next......
Since this is really a knitting blog I should post a little about knitting. I finished the front of the purse previously posted about and am working on the back (just have the bottom and the clasp band to work on), the interminable blanket is worked on a little everyday and the bookmark has not seen the light of day yet this week. Maybe I should take it out and give it a little air later on today...

No comments: