Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Soooo many thing in progress!!

Things have been super crazy busy around here lately!!  I have been making up samples for my summer camps so that the kids (and their parents) can see what they will be learning in class.
 We drove to Oregon last week (it was the kid's spring break from school) to see my dad so I had a TON of crochet time.  9 hours there and just about the same back.  My dad lives right be the coast so I got to sit on the beach and crochet - oh, my!  Soooo relaxing!  I started a half double crochet hat.  This one is done and I will share it on Friday.
 This crochet work is being done on our way back.  It is going to be an Ugly Bunny Pincushion.
 In other news, my husband started and finished this project in one day!!  Now it's up to me to do my part.  Can you guess what it is?
 These I got for free from behind a liquor store very near to me that just changed owners.  There are three of them and they were sitting outside the back door of the store.  I went in and asked if they were trash and if I could have them.  The owner said sure!  WHOOPPEEE!!!  We are going to paint them and use them as fabric and yarn storage for my summer camps.  Can you imagine how yummy and accessible the supplies will be displayed in these??!!  I am so excited to finish them!
This is a very small ripple blanket is also a sample for class.  From teaching knitting after school this year, I have been totally amazed at what kids can learn and how quickly they can master skills that were somewhat difficult for me.
And...this is the book I am reading right now.  It has tons of great information that I hope to incorporate into my gardening this year.

Click on the links on the sidebar for more great WIPs!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

My family spent time on the Oregon Coast for spring break too. We were in Newport to visit the aquarium and have lunch at the Rouge brewery.
I didn't manage any day time knitting but squeezed a little in at the end of the day in the hotel room.

Unknown said...

Goodness you have been busy!
I love the yarn bins you found :D

Kathryn Ray said...

Oh my gosh, your new yarn bins are awesome!

Toni said...

Score! What a great find!