Monday, September 3, 2012

Enjoying Daily Life With Kids

Our oldest turned 17.  Can you believe it??!  17 years old!  Time flies when you don't want it to!
 She wanted a plain white cake with chocolate frosting.  This is what we came up with.  4 layers of cake.  She and her friends loved it.  We had 12 of her friends over for dinner and a sleepover - boy, they had so much fun!!  I truly can't believe that next year at this time, she will be away at college.  She is a bright, thoughtful, well rounded girl and we love her to bits.
 I will still have other little monkeys at home keeping me busy :o)  10 year old daughter wanted me to put her hair in "many" braids.  This is what she wound up with - the best I could do.
 Several braids braided together.  I thought it looked nice.
 Obviously she did too!!  We left it in for a couple of days and her hair was super wavy when we finally took it out. 
 Someone lost a tooth.......
Don't mess with this boy and his dust buster!  He's good with it too!

Sharing over at Mindful Mothering

1 comment:

Lydia said...

So much life in this post! I can only imagine how bittersweet it must be to see your daughter grow into a wonderful young lady. 17 seems so grown up, sometimes I feel 17 myself! :-)

The braiding is beautiful. Have a lovely day and thank you for coming by!