I now only have 2 1/2 fish to knit to reach my goal of 180!! 180 will make us a very nice sized blanket. I started laying them out on the kitchen table - I had previously figured out that I needed 12 rows of 15 fish each.I could have taken pictures all day. I love the way they all look together. Some are with just one color and some are with more than one - it just depended on when I ran out of yarn. Above, in the middle of this photo, you can see a fish that has 4 colors!! Just little bits that I didn't want to waste :o)
Right here are 120 fish. 10 rows of 12 fish. I was rearranging them to try to balance to colors so that there wouldn't be too many of one color all together.
Then I bagged them up in order by row. Each row getting it's own bag. I can take from the top of the bag and they stay in the order I want. As I finish sewing a bag of fish together, I can just grab the next bag.
All ten rows bagged up!The start of my seaming. As always, I am slow - it is taking me about 5 minutes per fish - so about an hour per row.
The first three rows done. My oldest had an AP Chemistry tutoring session (1 1/2 hours) and this is what I worked on.
The front seaming of the blanket will look like this.
I really like the braid that is formed by this method.And the back seaming looks like this. I seriously can't decide which I like best. I hosted a knit night with my friends here last Friday night and they were split almost exactly 50/50 on who liked the front the best and who liked the back the best.
Those zig zags just look so fun!3 rows done - 12 more to go :o) Not too much longer and this baby will be hanging out on our couch :o)
Go visit Tami's to see more works in progress.